Sooji halwa. Traditional Indian dessert, Sooji Halwa is a pudding made from semolina (sooji). Sooji ka halwa was made in home whenever we wanted to have something sweet. Suji ka halwa is a type of halvah made by toasting semolina in a fat like ghee or oil, and adding a sweetener like sugar syrup or honey.
Sooji Coconut Halwa-Tasty Semolina and coconut halwa (COOKING WITH HADIQA). Sooji Halwa Recipe, Meetha , How To Make Sooji Halwa Recipe. Halwa are lavish and rich Indian sweets which have a dessert like texture. You can have Sooji halwa using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sooji halwa
- Prepare 1/2 cup of semolina (sooji).
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Ghee.
- Prepare 1 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cardomom powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped almond.
See recipes for Sooji halwa cake, Sooji halwa with rabri too. Suji ka Halwa Recipe (with Step by Step Photos). This almonds and cashew rich soft and savory sooji halwa prepared without milk is a welcome treat for taste buds at anytime and can give tough. Sooji halwa is an authentic sweet that is prepared for all auspicious festivals, ceremonies and family functions.
Sooji halwa instructions
- Take semolina (suji) in a plate; add milk and Mix with hands and keep aside for 1/2 hour..
- Strain the mixture in a sieve.This makes the halwa tastier..
- Now in a large kadai heat 1/4 cup ghee and roast 1/2 cup suji on low flame 6-7 minutes or till it turns aromat.add cardomom powder and mix..
- Now add 1cup warm water. keeping the flame on low, stir continuously till the semolina(suji) absorbs water and no lumps are formed..
- Now add 1/2 cup sugar and mix well. keeping the flame on low, stir well till the sugar dissolves.the mixture is combined well. mix well till the suji halwa separates from pan..
- Now halwa is ready. Garnish with chopped almonds and serve..
Rava kesari is the South Indian counterpart of the sooji halwa; the only difference being. Sooji halwa- Indian dessert made with sooji (semolina), ghee,sugar. Easy to make sweet for speical occasions and festivals. Sooji halwa, when paired with Kale chane and puri, makes the traditional Ashtami prasad. Growing up, I always loved my mom's Sooji ka halwa, especially the addition of green cardamom and dry nuts.