Sooji Halwa. Traditional Indian dessert, Sooji Halwa is a pudding made from semolina (sooji). Sooji ka halwa was made in home whenever we wanted to have something sweet. Suji ka halwa is a type of halvah made by toasting semolina in a fat like ghee or oil, and adding a sweetener like sugar syrup or honey.
Sooji Coconut Halwa-Tasty Semolina and coconut halwa (COOKING WITH HADIQA). Sooji Halwa Recipe, Meetha , How To Make Sooji Halwa Recipe. Halwa are lavish and rich Indian sweets which have a dessert like texture. You can have Sooji Halwa using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sooji Halwa
- You need 1/2 Cup of Semolina (Sooji).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Ghee.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Cardamom Powder.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Hot Water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Almond Powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Chopped Almonds for garnishing.
See recipes for Sooji halwa cake, Sooji halwa with rabri too. Suji ka Halwa Recipe (with Step by Step Photos). This almonds and cashew rich soft and savory sooji halwa prepared without milk is a welcome treat for taste buds at anytime and can give tough. Sooji halwa is an authentic sweet that is prepared for all auspicious festivals, ceremonies and family functions.
Sooji Halwa instructions
- Heat up Ghee in a pan,add suji and roast it till it turns golden brown in colour..
- Now add almond powder,hot water,sugar and mix everything well.Add water till suji becomes soft..
- Add cardamom powder and mix well..
- Cover the lid and cook this halwa for 2 minutes..
- Suji halwa is ready.Granish with chopped almonds and serve hot..
Rava kesari is the South Indian counterpart of the sooji halwa; the only difference being. Sooji halwa- Indian dessert made with sooji (semolina), ghee,sugar. Easy to make sweet for speical occasions and festivals. Sooji halwa, when paired with Kale chane and puri, makes the traditional Ashtami prasad. Growing up, I always loved my mom's Sooji ka halwa, especially the addition of green cardamom and dry nuts.