Sooji ka Halwa. Suji ka halwa is a type of halvah made by toasting semolina in a fat like ghee or oil, and adding a sweetener like sugar syrup or honey. It can served for breakfast or as a dessert item. Sooji ka halwa was made in home whenever we wanted to have something sweet.
This almonds and cashew rich soft and savory sooji halwa prepared without milk is a welcome treat for taste buds at. Sooji Halwa Recipe: Semolina and sugar syrup dessert flavored with cardamom and garnished with chopped almonds. Sooji Halwa is one of the simplest North Indian Indian desserts made using fine semolina, ghee, and sugar. You can have Sooji ka Halwa using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sooji ka Halwa
- It’s 1 bowl of rava(sooji).
- Prepare 1/2 bowl of desi ghee.
- It’s 3/4 bowl of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of cardamon powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Desiccated coconut.
- It’s as needed of dryfruits (almonds,raisin).
- You need 1 1/2 bowl of water.
- Prepare 1 bowl of milk.
Sooji ka halwa is a popular north Indian sweet dish. The Suji halwa recipe given here makes a low fat dish of suji ka sheera which is quite easy to make. Using warm milk is important as it. This recipe for sooji ka halwa ("made with semolina") is a popular version with many families; because it is one of those simple but very satisfying desserts that hits the sweet spot every time.
Sooji ka Halwa step by step
- In a large heavy bottom kadhai heat ghee.Add suji in it. Roast it in low medium flame for 7-8 minutes, add some chopped almonds in it. Stir continuesly. A nice aroma will come out.Roast it until brown..
- At the same time on second burner heat a pot. Add sugar, water and milk. Boil it..
- Add raisin and cardamon powder in ghee-rava mix.turn the flame low.Now carefully add boiling Sugar syrup Slowly slowly in it. Because mixture splatters..
- Stir this mixture continuesly. Until all the syrup is absorbed by the suji..
- Between 3-4 minutes it will become thick and begins to leave the pan..
- Turn off the flame. Transfer it into serving bowls, garnish with almonds and coconut. Serve hot..
Sooji Ka Halwa is among those extremely fulfilling sweets that hit the sweet spot each and every time! Simple to make and thus delicious, Sooji Ka Halwa is usually a personal family beloved. Sooji Halwa is a semolina (sooji) based Indian Sweet dish. We can be made by using only four ingredients. Suji ka halwa is usually made on any festivals or pooja.