Sooji ka halwa. Suji ka halwa is a type of halvah made by toasting semolina in a fat like ghee or oil, and adding a sweetener like sugar syrup or honey. It can served for breakfast or as a dessert item. Sooji ka halwa was made in home whenever we wanted to have something sweet.
This almonds and cashew rich soft and savory sooji halwa prepared without milk is a welcome treat for taste buds at. Sooji Halwa Recipe: Semolina and sugar syrup dessert flavored with cardamom and garnished with chopped almonds. Sooji Halwa is one of the simplest North Indian Indian desserts made using fine semolina, ghee, and sugar. You can have Sooji ka halwa using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sooji ka halwa
- Prepare 1/3cup of ghee.
- Prepare 10-12 of cashewnuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sooji.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of raisins.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water.
Sooji ka halwa is a popular north Indian sweet dish. The Suji halwa recipe given here makes a low fat dish of suji ka sheera which is quite easy to make. Using warm milk is important as it. This recipe for sooji ka halwa ("made with semolina") is a popular version with many families; because it is one of those simple but very satisfying desserts that hits the sweet spot every time.
Sooji ka halwa step by step
- Heat ghee on a medium flame in a thick bottom pan.
- Use a fine variety of sooji and add it to the hot ghee. Mix it well..
- Add raisins and cashew nuts to the Mixture..
- Keep stirring the mixture so that no lumps are made and it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Roast the sooji for about 7-8 minutes till the ghee gets separated and the cashew nuts get golden.
- Next add cardamom powder. You can also add chopped almonds. Mix well.
- In another pan, boil water and add the sugar. Keep stirring till sugar dissolves in the water.
- Pour the sugar solution to the ghee sooji mixture. Mix well so no lumps are made.
- Keep stirring till mixture becomes thick and all the water is absorbed by the sooji..
- Serve the delicious sooji ka halwa hot or at room temperature.
Sooji Ka Halwa is among those extremely fulfilling sweets that hit the sweet spot each and every time! Simple to make and thus delicious, Sooji Ka Halwa is usually a personal family beloved. Sooji Halwa is a semolina (sooji) based Indian Sweet dish. We can be made by using only four ingredients. Suji ka halwa is usually made on any festivals or pooja.