Sooji halwa. Traditional Indian dessert, Sooji Halwa is a pudding made from semolina (sooji). Sooji ka halwa was made in home whenever we wanted to have something sweet. Suji ka halwa is a type of halvah made by toasting semolina in a fat like ghee or oil, and adding a sweetener like sugar syrup or honey.
Sooji Coconut Halwa-Tasty Semolina and coconut halwa (COOKING WITH HADIQA). Sooji Halwa Recipe, Meetha , How To Make Sooji Halwa Recipe. Halwa are lavish and rich Indian sweets which have a dessert like texture. You can cook Sooji halwa using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sooji halwa
- Prepare 1 cup of semolina (sooji/rava).
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of ghee (pure).
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It’s 8-10 of almonds sliced.
- Prepare 8-10 of cashews chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 19-12 of raisins.
See recipes for Sooji halwa cake, Sooji halwa with rabri too. Suji ka Halwa Recipe (with Step by Step Photos). This almonds and cashew rich soft and savory sooji halwa prepared without milk is a welcome treat for taste buds at anytime and can give tough. Sooji halwa is an authentic sweet that is prepared for all auspicious festivals, ceremonies and family functions.
Sooji halwa instructions
- Take sooji in a pan,add ghee and roast it over medium flame until golden brown..
- Now slowly add boiled water and mix by stirring constantly, stir and cook to avoid any lumps formation..
- Now add sugar and cardamom powder, stir until sugar dissolves and it has a semi solid consistency..
- Lastly add all the dry fruits and give a nice mix sooji halwa is ready to serve garnish with sliced almonds..
Rava kesari is the South Indian counterpart of the sooji halwa; the only difference being. Sooji halwa- Indian dessert made with sooji (semolina), ghee,sugar. Easy to make sweet for speical occasions and festivals. Sooji halwa, when paired with Kale chane and puri, makes the traditional Ashtami prasad. Growing up, I always loved my mom's Sooji ka halwa, especially the addition of green cardamom and dry nuts.