Semolina (Sooji) Halwa. This recipe for sooji ka halwa ("made with semolina") is a popular version with many families; because it is one of those simple but very satisfying desserts that hits the sweet spot every time. Suji ka halwa is a type of halvah made by toasting semolina in a fat like ghee or oil, and adding a sweetener like sugar syrup or honey. It can served for breakfast or as a dessert item.
Traditional Indian dessert, Sooji Halwa is a pudding made from semolina (sooji). Ghee, sugar and sooji are the three main ingredients required to make this easy dessert! I have realized that I haven't. You can cook Semolina (Sooji) Halwa using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Semolina (Sooji) Halwa
- You need 1/2 cup of semolina (I used thick one).
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of desi ghee.
- Prepare 1 tbsp and 1 tsp of chopped cashews and kismis.
- You need 2 of green cardamom powdered (optional).
- You need 1 clove of (laung) crushed (optional).
Halwa with Milk & Saffron – حلوای زعفرانی. I'm not a big fan of halwa so was. Sooji Halwa is one of the simplest North Indian Indian desserts made using fine semolina, ghee While growing up, sooji halwa and kheer were two desserts that were made very frequently in my. Sooji halwa is an easy-to-make Indian dessert made by combining semolina with vegan butter and cardamom.
Semolina (Sooji) Halwa step by step
- Fry the sooji for 2 minutes on low to medium heat..
- Then add chopped kaju and fry for a minute..
- Add ghee with the sooji and allow to melt and mix with semolina..
- Mix kismis and saute continuously,till the colour of sooji changed with a good aroma..
- Now add water, salt, cardamom powder and 1 clove crushed. Mix well..
- Pour the sugar and allowed to melt..
- Slow down to flame, stir continuously to avoid lump formation. The cooked semolina thickened, absorbing water..
- Bring down and spread the semolina halwa on a greased plate. Allow to cool and cut into pieces. Serve and enjoy. Thanks.
Typically, it is served with nuts and dried fruit. Sooji Halwa is also a Middle Eastern dessert. Sooji Halwa is sometimes called Indian fudge, along with its cousin, Atta Halwa, which is made with wholewheat. SOOJI (SEMOLINA) HALWA My mother-in-law first taught me how to make this halwa. She was making it and I was just hanging out with her in the kitchen.