Rava Kesari / Kesar Sooji Halwa. To celebrate the beginning of the new year I am presenting you sweet dish, easy to make yet super delicious Kesari. Sooji kesari is the easiest sweet, that can be prepared in a jiffy, still a popular delicious sweet. It is considered to be the easy to make sweet, all experienced cooks like mom, MIL makes now and then.
Rava Kesari is delicious and easy to make, usually made Add the sooji, and almonds and roast stirring continuously, sooji should be light golden brown in color and will have a light sweet aroma. For the past few years, I have stopped adding artificial color to my Rava Kesari but given how an orange colored Rava Kesari is nostalgic and I have grown up only seeing that, I decided to. This Sooji Halwa – Soon fudge made with semolina is simple and great to whip up within minutes for company. You can cook Rava Kesari / Kesar Sooji Halwa using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rava Kesari / Kesar Sooji Halwa
- You need 1/2 cup of Sooji/ Rava.
- It’s 2+1 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s As needed of Few cashew nuts / kaju.
- You need as needed of Few Kismis/ Raisins.
- You need 2 tbsps of warm milk.
- Prepare 1generous pinch of saffron.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of Cardamom powder.
- You need 1 cup/240 ml of hot water.
You can make it in the Instant Pot or in a The Halwa is also called sheera or kesari. For the Navratri festivities, it is served as a meal with brown chickpea curry and fried poori flatbread. Rava Kesari or Yellow Sooji Halwa is a dish associated with various festivals. It is an incredible sweet dish that can be easily made at home.
Rava Kesari / Kesar Sooji Halwa instructions
- Soak the saffron in warm milk for at least 20-30 minutes. Heat the ghee in a kadai, fry the kismis and cashew and keep it aside..
- Now in the same ghee add the sooji/ Rava/ Semolina and roast it on low heat for about 10 minutes…do not brown it. Now add the sugar and roast it for about 2-3 minutes…on low flame only..
- Now add in the hot water and stir it quickly so that no small lumps forms. Add in the saffron milk and the fried kismis and cashew also in it….cook till it forms a doughy mass. Now add 1 tbsp of ghee to give that extra flavour at the end and mix. Here Rava Kesari is ready. Serve hot..
Though, it's a dish associated with Southern India; however, this halwa is made across India in all the other regions. Happy Vasant Pachami to all the Lovely Readers. Today I bring to you the kesari halwa recipe for toddlers and kids. Vasant Pachami marks the start of spring. The color yellow plays an important role in Vasant Panchami as it is associated with the bloom of mustard and marigold flowers during this period.