Sooji Kesari Halwa.
You can have Sooji Kesari Halwa using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sooji Kesari Halwa
- Prepare 2 cups of Sooji/ fine rava.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Sugar or jaggery powder.
- It’s 1 cup of Pure ghee.
- You need 2 cups of Milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of Milk powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
- It’s pinch of Kesar/ saffron strands mixed in a little warm milk.
- You need 4 drop of Orange food colour(optional).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of Chopped nuts to garnish.
Sooji Kesari Halwa instructions
- First, heat a deep kadhai and slow roast suji till pink and leaves a nice aroma. It will take 5 to 10 minutes on low flame..
- Then remove in another bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in the kadhai and lightly fry the chopped nuts. Remove in a plate..
- Then heat 1.5 cup ghee and add the suji. Roast on slow flame till it becomes golden. Side by side keep the milk, milk powder and water combined for boiling. Boil till a little thick. Add 3 to 4 kesar strands to it and mix well..
- When suji is roasted, switch off flame and slowly add in the liquid mixture. Use a wire whisk for lump free texture..
- When it's well combined, start the flame and stir for 2 minutes. Then add sugar or jaggery and keep stirring continuously to combine and melt the sugar or jaggery..
- Then add the kesar milk with food colour and mix well. Then add the remaining ghee, adjust the consistency and mix well. Cover and cook for another 2 minutes and switch off flame..
- Garnish with nuts and serve hot or warm. Enjoy! Happy new year to all..