Sooji Halwa. Traditional Indian dessert, Sooji Halwa is a pudding made from semolina (sooji). Sooji ka halwa was made in home whenever we wanted to have something sweet. Suji ka halwa is a type of halvah made by toasting semolina in a fat like ghee or oil, and adding a sweetener like sugar syrup or honey.
Sooji Coconut Halwa-Tasty Semolina and coconut halwa (COOKING WITH HADIQA). Sooji Halwa Recipe, Meetha , How To Make Sooji Halwa Recipe. Halwa are lavish and rich Indian sweets which have a dessert like texture. You can have Sooji Halwa using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sooji Halwa
- You need 1/2 cup of Desi ghee.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Semolina.
- You need 4 of cardamom.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- Prepare Pinch of food color.
- You need of Dry fruits for garnishing.
- It’s of Few drops kewra water.
See recipes for Sooji halwa cake, Sooji halwa with rabri too. Suji ka Halwa Recipe (with Step by Step Photos). This almonds and cashew rich soft and savory sooji halwa prepared without milk is a welcome treat for taste buds at anytime and can give tough. Sooji halwa is an authentic sweet that is prepared for all auspicious festivals, ceremonies and family functions.
Sooji Halwa step by step
- In a wok heat ghee and cardamom. Saute for few minutes..
- Add semolina on low heat roast it until color change..
- Add sugar and mix it well..
- Add water and food color cook it for 5 mins..
- Add kewra water, simmer it for 3 minutes. Garnish it with dry fruits and serve..
Rava kesari is the South Indian counterpart of the sooji halwa; the only difference being. Sooji halwa- Indian dessert made with sooji (semolina), ghee,sugar. Easy to make sweet for speical occasions and festivals. Sooji halwa, when paired with Kale chane and puri, makes the traditional Ashtami prasad. Growing up, I always loved my mom's Sooji ka halwa, especially the addition of green cardamom and dry nuts.