Sooji halwa (Rava nu sheero). Take a pan add rava to it & stir it continuously till its color changes & chop dry fruits as shown in Pic & heat milk on other side of gas & stir rava. Then add ghee in rava & stir it till smell comes then add all dry fruits & cardamom powder & stir it. Then after two minutes add milk slowly so that it does not.
Sooji Halwa is delicious and a welcome treat for guests. I have done this recipe a few years ago and now decided to do another version of Sooji Halwa with little twist, turning this into an exotic Halwa beyond your belief. Sheera also known as suji halwa is a traditional Indian pudding made with semolina, ghee, sugar, cashews and raisins. You can cook Sooji halwa (Rava nu sheero) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sooji halwa (Rava nu sheero)
- You need 1 cup of sooji (rava).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 litre of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of pure ghee.
- It’s 6 of cashews.
- It’s 6 of almonds.
- It’s 10 of kismis (dry grapes).
- It’s 1 spoon of cardamom powder.
Suji halwa is made in many regions of India with more or less the same ingredients & similar method. It is known as sheera in Maharashtra, Karnataka and some parts of. This almonds and cashew rich soft and savory sooji halwa (rava sheera) prepared without milk is a welcome treat for taste buds at anytime and can give tough competition to best of the best sweets on the table. How to make Rava Sheera or sooji halwa with step by step photos.
Sooji halwa (Rava nu sheero) instructions
- Take a pan add rava to it & stir it continuously till its color changes & chop dry fruits as shown in Pic & heat milk on other side of gas & stir rava..
- Then add ghee in rava & stir it till smell comes then add all dry fruits & cardamom powder & stir it..
- Then after two minutes add milk slowly so that it does not come out of the pan be careful when you pour milk into it Now stir it again for 2 minutes Then add sugar to it & again give it a quick stir..
- After you add sugar stir it & close the pan with the lid after five min ghee will separate from the corners Now close the flame & remain the pan on gas Now your halwa is ready to Serve..
- Sprinkle some cardamom powder on halwa & Serve it hot.
Sheera or sooji halwa, a sweet, but had as part of breakfast by seasoned Mumbaikars. Halwa are lavish and rich Indian sweets which have a dessert like texture. They're made out of all sorts of materials which range from lentils and veggies to fruits and grains. Suji halwa also known as rava sheera is a traditional Indian dessert made by roasting suji (semolina flour) in ghee (clarified butter) and flavored with sugar. Dry fruits are added to increase its richness and give it a slight crunch.