Sooji halwa. Traditional Indian dessert, Sooji Halwa is a pudding made from semolina (sooji). Sooji ka halwa was made in home whenever we wanted to have something sweet. Suji ka halwa is a type of halvah made by toasting semolina in a fat like ghee or oil, and adding a sweetener like sugar syrup or honey.
Sooji Coconut Halwa-Tasty Semolina and coconut halwa (COOKING WITH HADIQA). Sooji Halwa Recipe, Meetha , How To Make Sooji Halwa Recipe. Halwa are lavish and rich Indian sweets which have a dessert like texture. You can cook Sooji halwa using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sooji halwa
- You need 1/2 cup of soji.
- You need 1/3 of ghee or oil.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of water.
- It’s 5-6 of almonds.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
See recipes for Sooji halwa cake, Sooji halwa with rabri too. Suji ka Halwa Recipe (with Step by Step Photos). This almonds and cashew rich soft and savory sooji halwa prepared without milk is a welcome treat for taste buds at anytime and can give tough. Sooji halwa is an authentic sweet that is prepared for all auspicious festivals, ceremonies and family functions.
Sooji halwa step by step
- In a deep heavy based saucepan melt the ghee and the sooji and stir fry over medium/low heat, depending on how often you stir it..
- At the same time in another pan dissolve the sugar in the water over low heat and keep on simmer till required.
- When the sooji is light brown and gets a glossy look and doesn't stick together much add the sugar solution and the cardamom powder and bring to a boil then simmer till the liquid is absorbed. At this stage you can stir off and on,not continuous.
- Serve hot, garnished with almonds..
Rava kesari is the South Indian counterpart of the sooji halwa; the only difference being. Sooji halwa- Indian dessert made with sooji (semolina), ghee,sugar. Easy to make sweet for speical occasions and festivals. Sooji halwa, when paired with Kale chane and puri, makes the traditional Ashtami prasad. Growing up, I always loved my mom's Sooji ka halwa, especially the addition of green cardamom and dry nuts.