Easiest Moong Daal Halwa.
You can cook Easiest Moong Daal Halwa using 8 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easiest Moong Daal Halwa
- It’s 200 grams of yellow moong daal.
- You need 150 grams of sugar.
- You need 150 grams of ghee(deshi ghee is possible).
- You need handful of mixed chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios).
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of semolina/sooji.
- You need 1 tablespoon of gram flour/besan.
- Prepare as needed of silver leaf/ vark (optional).
Easiest Moong Daal Halwa step by step
- Rinse and soak the daal for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Chop the nuts finely during that time and keep other ingredients ready.
- Post soaking, drain the water and grind the daal into a smooth paste.
- Heat the ghee and dry roast the sooji and besan till aromatic on Low heat.
- Once done,add the daal paste and mix well.
- On medium to Low heat keep stirring intermittently.
- Cook till the colour of the daal changes to golden brown(May take upto 20-25 minutes). If you prefer a darker colour to the halwa, you may continue cooking further till light brown.
- While that is being done, prepare the sugar syrup/chasni by combining water and sugar.
- Boil till the sugar is completely dissolved and then turn off the heat and keep the vessel covered.
- Once the daal changes colour, add the sugar syrup slowly.
- Whisk constantly till the water is completely absorbed.
- After reserving 1 teaspoon nuts, add the rest to the halwa.
- Mix well and take off heat.
- Served warm garnished with remaining nuts and vark.
- Enjoy while it’s warm!.
- Copy and paste the link on your browser to watch the video recipe: https://youtu.be/oSUrzG1akqA.