Moong Dal Halwa.
You can cook Moong Dal Halwa using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moong Dal Halwa
- You need 1 of cup=250 mL or 250 g.
- You need 1 cup of yellow moong dal.
- Prepare 12 tablespoon of ghee.
- It’s 10-12 of Chopped dry fruits (Almonds, unsalted pistachios, Cashews).
- It’s 10-12 of Raisins.
- Prepare 1/3 teaspoon of elaichi powder.
- You need 1.5 cup of sugar powder(if you are using regular sugar then 2 cups of water is required along with 1 cup of milk).
- Prepare 50 g of Semolina (Sooji).
- It’s 250 g of Khoa(Green khoa/Haryali).
Moong Dal Halwa instructions
- Soak the moong dal overnight in enough water..
- Drain the water and then grind the moong dal to a smooth paste. You can add 1 cup water to make it smoother..
- Now, add sooji in the pan or kadhai on the middle flame and roast it for 1 minute only and stir properly..
- Add the moong dal paste to it along with the ghee and keep stirring the halwa continuously on a low to middle flame as the halwa starts getting lumpy and starts breaking down and getting separated with the fats releasing from the sides. So, you've to break the lumps while stirring..
- Meanwhile, when the halwa is cooking, take another kadhai and add grated khoa to it with one spoon of ghee in it and roast it until it becomes light brown in colour. It will take 4-5 mins..
- Then, add this light brownish khoa to the halwa and stir well, simmer and cook stirring often..
- When you see the ghee starting separating again, add sugar powder and elaichi powder and mix it properly..
- Lastly, add the chopped dry fruits and raisins to it..
- The delicious halwa is ready. Serve it hot. You can also garnish it with more dry fruits while serving..