Gulkand Sooji Halwa.
You can cook Gulkand Sooji Halwa using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gulkand Sooji Halwa
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sooji (semolina).
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of ghee.
- You need 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- You need 1-2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 3-4 tbsp. of sugar or to taste.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp. of gulcand.
- You need 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp. of chopped cashews, chopped almonds & raisins (save few to garnish).
- It’s pinch of saffron strands.
- You need of few rose petals to garnish.
Gulkand Sooji Halwa instructions
- Blend the milk and the gulkand with a hand blender. Keep aside..
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the cardamoms and bay leaves,.
- Followed by the semolina. Fry on a medium flame till you get a nice aroma..
- Now add the sugar and the chopped mixed nuts. Saute till the sugar dissolves..
- Add the milk, water, pinch of salt and.
- The cardamom powder..
- Keep on stirring on a low flame till it thickens..
- Transfer to a greased plate and garnish with the remaining nuts, saffron and rose petals..
- Set aside to cool down. Cut into desired shapes and relish as an after meal dessert or with pooris / parathas..