Sooji halwa. Traditional Indian dessert, Sooji Halwa is a pudding made from semolina (sooji). Sooji ka halwa was made in home whenever we wanted to have something sweet. Suji ka halwa is a type of halvah made by toasting semolina in a fat like ghee or oil, and adding a sweetener like sugar syrup or honey.
Sooji Coconut Halwa-Tasty Semolina and coconut halwa (COOKING WITH HADIQA). Sooji Halwa Recipe, Meetha , How To Make Sooji Halwa Recipe. Halwa are lavish and rich Indian sweets which have a dessert like texture. You can have Sooji halwa using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sooji halwa
- You need 1/2 cup of sooji (semolina).
- You need 1/3 cup of ghee.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 5 of almonds sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
See recipes for Sooji halwa cake, Sooji halwa with rabri too. Suji ka Halwa Recipe (with Step by Step Photos). This almonds and cashew rich soft and savory sooji halwa prepared without milk is a welcome treat for taste buds at anytime and can give tough. Sooji halwa is an authentic sweet that is prepared for all auspicious festivals, ceremonies and family functions.
Sooji halwa step by step
- Pour water in a small saucepan and bring it to boil over medium flame, it will take around 3-4 minutes..
- Remove it from the flame and keep aside until you reach step -4 below..
- Take sooji in a heavy-based pan, add ghee and heat it over medium flame..
- Stir and mix using a spatula..
- Roast it until golden – brown. it will take anywhere between 8 to 10 minutes..
- Reduce flame to low and slowly add boiled water and mix by stirring constantly..
- Stir and cook to avoid any lump formation..
- Increase flame to medium and cook until all water gets absorbed..
- Add sugar and cardamom powder..
- Stir until sugar dissolves and it has a semi-solid consistency..
- Add and mix almonds after reserving some of them for garnishing..
- Tha sooji halwa is now ready for serving..
Rava kesari is the South Indian counterpart of the sooji halwa; the only difference being. Sooji halwa- Indian dessert made with sooji (semolina), ghee,sugar. Easy to make sweet for speical occasions and festivals. Sooji halwa, when paired with Kale chane and puri, makes the traditional Ashtami prasad. Growing up, I always loved my mom's Sooji ka halwa, especially the addition of green cardamom and dry nuts.