Ghosty chicken katsu curry. This healthier katsu is coated in finely chopped flaked almonds and baked in the oven (rather than fried) until crisp and golden. Katsu curry is a variation of Japanese curry with a chicken cutlet on top. Adding chicken cutlet brings the Japanese curry up to the next level.
This dish has been made famous in the UK by the restaurant Wagamama and now we're sharing with you how to make it for yourself! Before you jump to Ghosty chicken katsu curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Several Basic Explanations Why Consuming Apples Is Good. Here is how you cook that. You can have Ghosty chicken katsu curry using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ghosty chicken katsu curry
- You need 1 of onion (chopped in big chunks).
- Prepare 1 of big size potato (chopped in big chucks).
- Prepare 2 of carrot (chopped in big chucks).
- Prepare 1/2 of butternut squash (chopped in big chucks).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable cooking oil.
- You need 1/2 block of Japanese curry paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare of Chicken tonkatsu.
- It’s 1 pack of chicken fillets.
- Prepare 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 cup of plain four.
- Prepare 2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Japanese rice – check out my recipe of how to make perfect Japanese rice.
- You need of Small piece of nori sheet and cut out some eyes and mouth shape.
- You need of Sriracha sauce for ghost tear.
This is a cheat recipe of how to make this delicious chicken katsu. For Asian people using ready made curry paste is absolutely normal. If I have time I will make it from scratch but for quick and easy version the ready made paste is so convenient. Paleo Katsu chicken curry – a delicious and healthy spin on a traditional Japanese dish.
Ghosty chicken katsu curry step by step
- In a medium highheat saucepan, put about 1 tbsp cooking oil in, add onions, potato, butternut squashs and carrots in. Stir well.
- Add 4 small blocks of Japanese curry paste in and add some water. Mix all the ingredients together. Put in lid on, turn to low hwat and let it simmer..
- Place flour and breadcrumbs in different plate. Beat the egg in a bowl. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dust chicken with flour, then coated in egg then breadcrumbs..
- Heat up your pan of wok then add vegetable cooking oil until medium high heat. Add chicken in one at the time cook until one side cooked about 6-8 min then turn over and cook for another 5 min. Then take them out and place on kitchen towels to get rid of the oil. Slice them pieces of chicken up..
- Pour some curry sauce in a serving bowl. Form some sushi rice into long tear drop to make a ghosty shape. Decorate with nori sheet to make ghost eyes and mouth. You can add sriracha sauce to make ghost tear too!.
What better way is there to unwind after a long day than with a flavorsome Japanese. That also explains why the Japanese curry isn't spicy, but more comforting in taste. What makes panko special in this Chicken Katsu Curry recipe? Chicken katsu curry is a takeaway favourite but is simple to make at home. We've balanced this recipe's rich sauce with a fresh vegetable salad.