There are many different Christmas treats that you can cook, such as cookies, candy, and other sweet treats. Some ideas for Christmas cookies include sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, and shortbread cookies. To make sugar cookies, you will need flour, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and baking powder. Start by creaming together the butter and sugar, then beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder, then gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to form a dough. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and use cookie cutters to cut out your desired shapes. Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
To serve your Christmas treats, you can arrange them on a platter or in a basket and place them in the center of your dining table. You can also put them on individual plates and serve them to your guests. Make sure to have napkins available for people to use, and consider providing a variety of treats so that everyone can find something they like. You can also add some holiday-themed decorations, such as candy canes or mistletoe, to add to the festive atmosphere.
Here are 10 tasty Christmas treats that you can make at home:
- Peppermint bark: This classic Christmas treat is made by melting white chocolate and mixing in crushed peppermint candy. Once the chocolate hardens, you can break it into pieces to enjoy.
- Gingerbread cookies: These spicy cookies are a favorite during the holiday season. You can use cookie cutters to create fun shapes, and decorate them with icing and candies.
- Eggnog fudge: This rich and creamy fudge is made with eggnog, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. Top it with a sprinkle of nutmeg for an extra festive touch.
- Hot chocolate mix: You can’t go wrong with a mug of hot cocoa on a cold winter’s day. Make your own mix by combining cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and milk powder. Add marshmallows or whipped cream on top for a special treat.
- Cranberry sauce: This tangy sauce is a delicious addition to your holiday meals. Simply simmer cranberries, sugar, and water until the cranberries pop, then let it cool and serve.
- Spiced nuts: These tasty nuts are flavored with a mixture of cinnamon, sugar, and salt. You can use any type of nuts you like, such as almonds, cashews, or pecans.
- Peppermint marshmallows: These fluffy marshmallows are infused with peppermint flavor, and they make a great addition to hot cocoa or as a topping for holiday desserts.
- Fruitcake: This traditional Christmas cake is made with a mixture of dried fruit, nuts, and spices. It can be made ahead of time and stored for several weeks, making it a convenient option for the busy holiday season.
- Sugar cookies: These classic cookies can be decorated with icing and sprinkles to create fun and festive designs. They make a great activity for kids, and they’re sure to be a hit with everyone.
- Eggnog truffles: These bite-sized treats are made with a mixture of cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and eggnog, and they’re rolled in crushed cookies or nuts for a crunchy coating. Enjoy them as a sweet treat during the holiday season.